From time to time I like to throw together some quick hits and stats that I find interesting. Thought I might throw that together tonight, so here we go.
I am going to go out on a ledge and say that Harvick will have five wins by the 18th race of the season. The way that team is running, I just do not see them losing any momentum any time soon.
- I am wondering when the Fox Network people are ever going to wake up and get rid of the three clowns in the booth. I am tired of hearing all of the same things each week. Some fresh blood calling the big races would be a welcome change in my opinion.
- As bad as it has seemed on the track for Jeff Gordon this season, he is eighth in the Sprint Cup Series in average running position. Average position during races for Gordon is 11.63.
- Danica Patrick has a driver rating of 66.2, while Kevin Harvick’s rating is 133.7.
- We know Kurt Busch has been back for two races since the suspension. This stat just jumped out at me. Kurt has run 100% of his laps in the top 15. Interesting, even under green flag stops he has not fallen below spot 15 on the track.
Through five races, Tony Stewart has yet to lead a lap.
- Martin Truex Jr. has passed 722 cars during green competition, only problem is that he has been passed 722 times during green competition.
- In the last 10% of the races, Clint Bowyer has lost the most positions combined from all the races. Clint loses an average of 10.4 positions, and has lost a total of 52 positions in the last 10% of the races so far this season.
With his only lap led on the most important lap last Sunday, Brad Keselowski has led a total of 64 laps this season. That is 4.9% of laps through five races.
- Going to Martinsville this weekend, Jimmie Johnson edges Jeff Gordon with a driver rating at the track of 122.5 to 119.8.
Those were just stats and such that I found on the media site tonight that I found interesting. Hope that all have a great week, and looking forward to some short track racing later this weekend.