Greg Biffle (No. 16 ACE Brand Ford)
· Two wins, seven top fives, nine top 10s; one pole
· Average finish of 9.5
· Average Running Position of 7.6, second-best
· Driver Rating of 113.0, second-best
· 202 Fastest Laps Run, second-most
· 650 Green Flag Passes, 13th-most
· Average Green Flag Speed of 163.872 mph, second-fastest
· Series-high 2,354 Laps in the Top 15 (89.9%)
· 435 Quality Passes (passes of cars in the top 15 under green), second-most
Clint Bowyer (No. 15 5-Hour Energy Toyota)
· One top five, four top 10s
· Average finish of 14.0
· Driver Rating of 88.9, 13th-best
· Average Green Flag Speed of 163.196 mph, 12th-fastest
Carl Edwards (No. 99 Aflac Ford)
· Four top fives, eight top 10s
· Average finish of 10.8
· Average Running Position of 13.0, eighth-best
· Driver Rating of 95.1, sixth-best
· 115 Fastest Laps Run, fifth-most
· 723 Green Flag Passes, fifth-most
· Average Green Flag Speed of 163.343 mph, eighth-fastest
· 1,740 Laps in the Top 15 (66.5%), ninth-most
· 407 Quality Passes, fourth-most
Jeff Gordon (No. 24 Drive To End Hunger Chevrolet)
· Two wins, eight top fives, 10 top 10s
· Average finish of 11.0
· Average Running Position of 8.9, third-best
· Driver Rating of 101.5, fourth-best
· 99 Fastest Laps Run, ninth-most
· Average Green Flag Speed of 163.720 mph, third-fastest
· 2,331 Laps in the Top 15 (89.0%), third-most
· 416 Quality Passes, third-most
Kevin Harvick (No. 29 Bad Boy Buggies Chevrolet)
· One top five, six top 10s
· Average finish of 12.9
· Average Running Position of 13.2, ninth-best
· Driver Rating of 90.6, eighth-best
· 79 Fastest Laps Run, 10th-most
· Series-high 782 Green Flag Passes
· Average Green Flag Speed of 163.199 mph, 11th-fastest
· 1,754 Laps in the Top 15 (67.0%), seventh-most
· 358 Quality Passes, eighth-most
Jimmie Johnson (No. 48 Lowe’s / KOBALT Tools Chevrolet)
· Two wins, five top fives, 11 top 10s; three poles
· Average finish of 8.0
· Series-best Average Running Position of 7.2
· Series-best Driver Rating of 119.5
· Series-high 403 Fastest Laps Run
· 703 Green Flag Passes, ninth-most
· Series-best Average Green Flag Speed of 164.270 mph
· 2,335 Laps in the Top 15 (89.2%), second-most
· Series-high 453 Quality Passes
Kasey Kahne (No. 5 Farmers Insurance 85th Anniversary Chevrolet)
· Two top fives, five top 10s; three poles
· Average finish of 15.0
· Average Running Position of 14.3, 12th-best
· Driver Rating of 89.8, 11th-best
· 108 Fastest Laps Run, seventh-most
· 725 Green Flag Passes, fourth-most
· Average Green Flag Speed of 163.230 mph, 10th-fastest
· 1,651 Laps in the Top 15 (63.1%), 10th-most
· 338 Quality Passes, 10th-most
Matt Kenseth (No. 20 The Home Depot / Husky Toyota)
· One win, five top fives, eight top 10s; one pole
· Average finish of 15.8
· Average Running Position of 10.1, fourth-best
· Driver Rating of 106.4, third-best
· 169 Fastest Laps Run, third-most
· Average Green Flag Speed of 163.528 mph, fifth-fastest
· 2,104 Laps in the Top 15 (80.4%), fourth-most
· 353 Quality Passes, ninth-most
Brad Keselowski (No. 2 Miller Lite Ford)
· One win, two top fives, three top 10s
· Average finish of 9.8
· Average Running Position of 12.8, seventh-best
· Driver Rating of 90.1, 10th-best
Mark Martin (No. 55 Aaron’s Dream Machine Toyota)
· One win, two top fives, five top 10s; one pole
· Average finish of 15.3
· Average Running Position of 12.4, sixth-best
· Driver Rating of 91.3, seventh-best
· Average Green Flag Speed of 163.190 mph, 13th-fastest
· 1,777 Laps in the Top 15 (67.9%), sixth-most
· 289 Quality Passes, 13th-most
Tony Stewart (No. 14 Bass Pro Shops / Mobil 1 Chevrolet)
· Two wins, six top fives, nine top 10s
· Average finish of 11.7
· Average Running Position of 10.4, fifth-best
· Driver Rating of 100.8, fifth-best
· 137 Fastest Laps Run, fourth-most
· 668 Green Flag Passes, 11th-most
· Average Green Flag Speed of 163.537 mph, fourth-fastest
· 1,951 Laps in the Top 15 (74.5%), fifth-most
· 390 Quality Passes, fifth-most
Martin Truex Jr. (No. 56 NAPA Auto Parts Toyota)
· Two top fives, two top 10s
· Average finish of 20.9
· Average Running Position of 13.8, 10th-best
· Driver Rating of 90.5, ninth-best
· 104 Fastest Laps Run, eighth-most
· Average Green Flag Speed of 163.378 mph, sixth-fastest
· 1,464 Laps in the Top 15 (62.3%), 13th-most
The Top 12
Following Race 7 of 36
|Driver||Points||Wins||Poles||Rank Last Week||Season Driver Rating|
|1. Jimmie Johnson||269||2||1||1||115.5|
|2. Brad Keselowski||260||0||0||3||100.2|
|3. Kyle Busch||251||2||2||4||113.0|
|4. Greg Biffle||239||0||0||6||89.9|
|5. Carl Edwards||234||1||0||7||88.6|
|6. Dale Earnhardt Jr.||234||0||0||3||97.7|
|7. Kasey Kahne||232||1||0||5||103.3|
|8. Clint Bowyer||208||0||0||8||90.9|
|9. Joey Logano||207||0||0||11||89.6|
|10. Paul Menard||206||0||0||9||79.0|
|11. Matt Kenseth||204||1||0||10||109.7|
|12. Kevin Harvick||192||0||0||14||92.5|
|13. Jamie McMurray||190||30. Bobby Labonte||107|
|14. Aric Almirola||186||31. David Ragan||107|
|15. Jeff Gordon||171||32. David Reutimann||100|
|16. Martin Truex Jr.||169||33. David Gilliland||93|
|17. Ryan Newman||169||34. AJ Allmendinger||92|
|18. Marcos Ambrose||169||35. David Stremme||88|
|19. Mark Martin||166||36. Travis Kvapil||85|
|20. Ricky Stenhouse Jr.||162||37. Landon Cassill||60|
|21. Casey Mears||159||38. Michael McDowell||42|
|22. Tony Stewart||158||39. Terry Labonte||37|
|23. Jeff Burton||152||40. Scott Speed||35|
|24. Kurt Busch||151||41. Ken Schrader||29|
|25. Denny Hamlin||145||42. Michael Waltrip||23|
|26. Danica Patrick||135||43. Timmy Hill||13|
|27. Juan Pablo Montoya||125||44. Scott Riggs||6|
|28. Dave Blaney||123|
|29. J.J. Yeley||114|
Note: The first 26 races of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season determine which 12 drivers qualify for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, contested over the final 10 races of the season. After race No. 26, the top 10 earn a berth in the Chase. Spots 11 and 12 – the Wild Cards – will go to those drivers outside the top 10 with the most wins, provided they are in the top 20.
The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series 2012 Top 12 at Kansas Speedway
|Driver||Races||Poles||Wins||Top Fives||Top 10s||DNFs||Average Finish||Driver Rating|
|6||Dale Earnhardt Jr.||13||1||0||1||6||2||16.5||86.4|
* – Based on last 10 races at Kansas Speedway.
At Kansas Speedway:
· Groundbreaking was held on May 25, 1999.
· The official opening of Kansas Speedway was in 2001, with the first events being an ARCA race and a NASCAR K&N Pro Series West race on the same day – June 2.
· The first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race was on Sept. 30, 2001 – won by Jeff Gordon.
· During the 2012 season, between the April and October events the 1.5-mile track underwent a repave adding variable banking in the corners.
· There have been 14 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races at Kansas Speedway, one NSCS event from 2001 – 2010 and two races per year since 2011.
· 108 drivers have competed in at least one NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Kansas; 79 in more than one.
· Nine drivers have made all 14 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starts at Kansas Speedway – Jeff Gordon, Bobby Labonte, Jeff Burton, Kevin Harvick, Kurt Busch, Mark Martin, Matt Kenseth, Ryan Newman and Tony Stewart.
· Jason Leffler won the inaugural Coors Light Pole Award at Kansas Speedway in 2001 with a speed of 176.499 mph.
· 10 drivers have Coors Light poles at Kansas, led by Jimmie Johnson and Kasey Kahne with three each.
· Jimmie Johnson is the only driver to win consecutive Coors Light poles at Kansas Speedway (2007 and 2008).
· Youngest Kansas pole winner: Jason Leffler (09/30/2001 – 26 years, 0 months, 14 days).
· Oldest Kansas pole winner: Mark Martin (10/04/2009 – 50 years, 8 months, 25 days).
· 10 different drivers have won at Kansas Speedway, led by Greg Biffle, Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart and Jimmie Johnson with two each.
· Roush Fenway Racing and Hendrick Motorsports are tied for the most wins at Kansas in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series with four each; followed by Joe Gibbs Racing and Penske Racing with two each.
· Chevrolet leads the series in wins at Kansas with seven victories; followed by Ford with four wins.
· Two of the 14 NASCAR Sprint Cup races at Kansas Speedway have been won from the pole; Joe Nemechek (2004) and Jimmie Johnson (2008).
· Three starting positions have produced multiple wins at Kansas Speedway: the pole, fifth and 19th each have two wins.
· Three NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races at Kansas Speedway have been won from the front row: two from the pole and one from second-place.
· Eight of the 14 NASCAR Sprint Cup races at Kansas Speedway have been won from a top-10 starting position.
· Two of the 14 NASCAR Sprint Cup races at Kansas Speedway have been won from a starting position outside the top 20.
· The deepest in the field that a race winner has started at Kansas Speedway was 25th, by Brad Keselowski in the spring of 2011.
· Youngest Kansas winner: Ryan Newman (10/05/2003 – 25 years, 9 months, 27 days).
· Oldest Kansas winner: Mark Martin (10/09/2005 – 46 years, 9 months, 0 days).
· Martin Truex Jr. and Ryan Newman are tied for thelead in runner-up finishes at Kansas Speedway with two each.
· Jeff Gordon leads the series in top-five finishes at Kansas Speedway with eight; followed by Greg Biffle with seven.
· Jimmie Johnson leads the series in top-10 finishes at Kansas Speedway with 11; followed by Jeff Gordon (10).
· Jimmie Johnson leads all active drivers in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in average starting position at Kansas Speedway with a 10.615.
· Two active drivers have a NASCAR Sprint Cup average finish better than 10.0 at Kansas: Jimmie Johnson (8.0) and Brad Keselowski (9.8).
· There has been one NSCS race resulting with a green-white-checkered finish at Kansas Speedway: fall of 2011 (267 scheduled laps/272 actual laps).
· Only one of the 14 races at Kansas Speedway has been shortened due to weather conditions: fall of 2007 (267 scheduled laps/210 actual laps).
· Qualifying has never been cancelled due to weather conditions in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Kansas Speedway.
· Jason Leffler (09/30/2001) is the only driver to post his first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light pole at Kansas Speedway.
· 2011 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series champion Austin Dillon (10/09/2011) and Denny Hamlin (10/09/2005) made their first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series career starts at Kansas Speedway.
· Jeff Gordon is the only NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver to have posted consecutive wins at Kansas Speedway (2001 and 2002 – the first two NSCS events at Kansas).
· Nine of the 10 active NASCAR Sprint Cup Series winners at Kansas Speedway participated in at least two or more races before visiting Victory Lane. Jeff Gordon won at Kansas in his first appearance.
· Matt Kenseth competed at Kansas Speedway 13 times before winning last fall; the longest span of any of the 10 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series winners at Kansas.
· Matt Kenseth is the only driver to have made 10 or more attempts before his first win at Kansas Speedway.
· Kevin Harvick, Jeff Burton, Kurt Busch and Bobby Labonte lead the series with the most NASCAR Sprint Cup starts at Kansas Speedway without visiting Victory Lane at 14.
· Since the advent of electronic scoring the closest margin of victory in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Kansas Speedway was the (10/10/2004) race won by Joe Nemechek with a MOV of 0.081 second.
· Danica Patrick is the only female driver to have competed at Kansas Speedway in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series(10/21/2012) – starting 40th and finishing 32nd.
· Jimmie Johnson leads the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in laps led at Kansas Speedway with 547 laps led in 13 starts.
Kansas Speedway Data
- Season Race #: 8 of 36 (04-21-13)
- Track Size: 1.5-miles
- Banking/Turns 1 & 2: 17-20 degrees
- Banking/Turns 3 & 4: 17-20 degrees
- Banking/Frontstretch: 10 degrees
- Banking/Backstretch: 5 degrees
- Frontstretch Length: 2,685 feet
- Backstretch Length: 2,207 feet
- Race Length: 267 laps / 400 miles
Top 12 Driver Rating at Kansas
- Jimmie Johnson…………………… 119.5
- Greg Biffle………………………….. 113.0
- Matt Kenseth……………………… 106.4
- Jeff Gordon………………………… 101.5
- Tony Stewart……………………… 100.8
- Carl Edwards………………………. 95.1
- Mark Martin………………………… 91.3
- Kevin Harvick………………………. 90.6
- Martin Truex Jr…………………….. 90.5
- Brad Keselowski………………….. 90.1
- Kasey Kahne………………………. 89.8
- Denny Hamlin……………………… 89.8
Note: Driver Ratings compiled from 2005-2012 races (10 total) among active drivers at Kansas Speedway
- 2012 pole winner: AJ Allmendinger, Dodge, 175.993 mph, 30.683 secs. 04-20-12
- 2012 race winner: Denny Hamlin, Toyota, 144.122 mph, (02:46:44), 04-22-12
- Track qualifying record: Kasey Kahne, Chevrolet, 191.360 mph, 28.219 secs. 10-21-12
- Track race record: Denny Hamlin, Toyota, 144.122 mph, (02:46:44), 04-22-12
NASCAR in Kansas
· There have been 14 NASCAR Sprint Cup races in Kansas.
· 16 drivers in NASCAR national series history have their home state recorded as Kansas.
· Two drivers from Kansas have won at least one race in NASCAR’s three national series; both have won in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.