Greg Biffle and 3M Auto Ready to Take On Racing’s Most Intense Weekend for Dent Repair
No. 16 Team to Run Bondo® Brand Paint Scheme at Bristol Race
ST. PAUL, Minn. – Bristol race weekend means great racing action and the intense, in-your-face driving that’s synonymous with the track. A revamped surface on the NASCAR circuit’s tight track also means that racing is bound to be more exciting and unpredictable than ever as drivers vie for the lead in Bristol’s close quarters. For the racers, these conditions signify the inevitable dents, dings and cracks that chip away at paint and hinder driver momentum.
Greg Biffle and his race team, however, will be ready to tackle these conditions both on the track and in the garage during the Aug. 25th night race. The No. 16 3M Ford Fusion will be sporting a Bondo® Brand paint scheme, and the No. 16 crew will be ready with gallons of Bondo® Body Filler and Putty, all part of 3M’s family of automotive products, for any body repairs needed between the green and checkered flags.
With countless races and more than a dozen wins under his belt, Greg Biffle is no stranger to performing on the track. That’s why he relies on Bondo® Body Fillers – an industry staple for more than 60 years – to keep his car functioning in top form when he needs it most.
“Racing at Bristol always means a lot of dents,” says Greg Biffle, driver of the No. 16 3M Ford Fusion. “That’s why Bondo® Body Filler is a great solution. If I brush the wall in practice, we can repair the damage quickly without having to replace the body panel. And, if our sheet metal doesn’t quite fit the NASCAR® templates, we use body filler to fill out the area.”
And with a new track surface being put to the test, there’s no telling what to expect. An estimated 215 gallons of Bondo® Body Filler will be used by NASCAR® Sprint Cup Series™ teams this weekend to repair damage quickly and ensure sheet metal panels fit the tight NASCAR® templates.
For the No. 16 3M Team, Bondo® Body Filler is a lifesaver that saves time and money at the track. And since not all dent and ding repairs are Bristol-sized, new Bondo® Filler Single Use products make it easy and economical for Biffle – and car owners – to repair dents, dings and rust spots on a variety of surfaces.
- Use Bondo® Body Filler to quickly and easily fill dents, scrapes, chips, cracks and rust holes on wood, metal, aluminum, fiberglass, masonry, and concrete. This reliable filler cures fast and shapes in minutes, allowing same-day completion of repairs.
- Formulated with metallic aluminum, Bondo® Metal Fill is strong enough to anchor, drill or tap into, and provides a metallic appearance that won’t rust. Great for use on fiberglass, wood, metal, aluminum, concrete and masonry.
- On 1998 or newer vehicles, where double-coated galvanized steel is present, use Bondo® Professional Gold Body Filler. Used by the pros, this product’s superior adhesion properties allow a bond to form to double-coated galvanized steel. It also uses state-of-the-art resin technology, for easy mixing, applying and sanding. Great for use on galvanized e-coat surfaces, wood, metal, aluminum, fiberglass, SMC, epoxy and masonry.
- Featuring half-inch, interlocking fiberglass strands for extra strength, Bondo® Glass Filler is ideal for repairing dime-size or smaller holes or rust-outs. Use on fiberglass, wood, metal, aluminum, SMC and masonry, and perfect for use on boats, too.
Follow these four easy steps to achieve flawless repairs with the Bondo® Body Repair System.
1. Prepare – Mask the area, remove paint and rust
2. Repair – Pull dents, patch holes and make small repairs
3. Fill – Fill, repair, sand and feather
4. Finish – Seal with primer, paint and polish
For more help, visit 3M Auto’s library of body repair how-to videos at www.youtube.com/3MAutoUSA
The 3M Auto product line can be found at retailers wherever automotive products are sold. For more information on 3M Auto products and how-to videos, visit www.3MAuto.com.
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs 84,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visit www.3M.com or follow @3MNews on Twitter.