The race at Richmond is over and we have set the field the Chase to the Sprint Cup. The final race to set the field to the Chase gave us everything that we could ever expect for the last race before the championship races start. For this particular recap, a bullet point review may be the best way to go. The Chase qualifiers will be listed below. Oh, and by the way, interesting fact that Snooki, with all of her craziness on Jersey Shore was the Grand Marshall of the race.
- Early cautions were the story of the race. Dale Earnhardt was involved in an early wreck when Clint Bowyer spun. Jr. was pushed behind and ended up hitting Bowyer. Jr. struggled for most of the night, but got in the Chase when the race was over.
- The race seemed to be a Kevin Harvick kind of night. Harvick led the most laps, but looked to give it up late to Jeff Gordon. A late caution and win off pit road for Harvick gave him the win.
- Look for Jimmie Johnson and Kurt Busch to have some runs in the Chase. Kurt and Jimmie got into an incident during the race that sent Johnson to the garage for a period of time. Kurt has promised to give some payback during the Chase.
- This may be the strongest Chase field that we have ever seen. I would expect that a driver is going to have to win multiple races during the Chase in order to win the Championship.
- Richmond tied a record tonight with 15 cautions during the race. Two other times there have been 15 cautions at Richmond. Tonight seemed to be payback night for a lot of drivers.
- Chicago starts the Chase next Sunday. Who is going to find the magic setup for the 1.5 mile track will be key to getting the Chase started off right. I cannot wait to see how it will all play out.
Without further delay, here are the drivers that will compete for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Chase for the Sprint Cup:
- Kyle Busch
- Kevin Harvick
- Jeff Gordon
- Matt Kenseth
- Carl Edwards
- Jimmie Johnson
- Kurt Busch
- Ryan Newman
- Tony Stewart
- Dale Earnhardt Jr.
- Brad Keselowski
- Denny Hamlin
Check back early this week for a stat package on the Chasers. Be sure to follow us on Twitter @troublinturntwo. Also take a moment to like us on Facebook. We appreciate you stopping by, and enjoy the races.